Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PositiveThinker

PositiveThinker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Hi all,

I love to learn and I like to help. I hope to be able to join the school and learn to help others. I've been in all different aspects of computer work since the late 70's when in high school ironically I would do anything to AVOID going into the computer lab or associate with people in there. Fortunately I was good at math and my calculus teachers were really big on getting us to learn and use computers. So like it or not I had to enter the lab to learn about a VAX'en and PDP 8's and programming.

From that first day I was hooked! The computer lab became my favorite place to go and learn more and more!

That was lucky for me as knew what I wanted to do from then on - work with computers or programming or building them. That helped with college and then jobs after college. And I've had all sorts of experience (opportunites to learn!) from building, fixing, writing software, managing a team of software developers (windows, mac, unix and java), working with users and helping people with their PC's and Mac's.

I'm mainly Windows and Linux but I'm one of the few that also has a few Macs in the house as well!

I feel very fortunate to have grown up and have had the internet to access for help, info, and learning.

My 'job' is to try and help people better use their computers, help them out of jambs (break/fix or software issues including malware), advise on all sorts of computer, network, security topics (where I know the info - otherwise - I get to learn more!). I also work with small business owners (single person businesses) to help them get a slice of IT support that they need and part of that philosopy is to be proactive in helping guarding their systems from infections, disaster and to develop plans monitor systems, put backup strategies in play, etc. I enjoy on-site helping people as well as helping remotely. I also help older generations and non-computer savvy people and enjoy the feedback I get from them at being so helpful. In my work I'm always on the look out for older computers, etc. that I can reuse for people that need and 'upgrade' but can't afford to get the latest brand new tech. It's nice when things like that can work out.

I have very little baggage that I carry as I feel there's always new things to learn in this fast and changing field and holding on to old ways can have you missing the boat when change occurs.

I am facinated and discusted at the same time at the 'cost' of malware and it's effects on people and their systems and time.

It seems like a tall mountain to climb but I look upon those that have done so with awe and thanks. I hope to be able to be a part of that some day.

- David

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Hello Dave,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users