Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Word issues since virus fix/c drive reformat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Teach2reach

Teach2reach

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Ok, I have googled this like crazy but cannot figure out the best way to proceed.
I had a hell of a virus and had it in the shop for about three weeks. He was able to save all my documents but had to reformat the drive apparently.
Issue that I am having is when I am working on a document in Word, all of a sudden I get an error code "No work file; please save work" or something like that. I save but the work is gone, poof! I am not losing another three hours of hard work to this!! And am about to take it back to the shop, but...I have seen the issue through searching, but just need a step by step way to fix this.
I am about to buy another copy of Office, but I am afraid it will still not work properly. I do not have the installation disc.
Any and all help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Teach2reach

Teach2reach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Anyone?? Please help me out. I use Word on a daily basis.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

MS Office could be a corrupt install
If this is a retail machine, chances are it has a recovery partition that will have Office on it

I am about to buy another copy of Office

Open Office is free and compatible
http://www.openoffice.org/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Teach2reach

Teach2reach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Thank you for your response. No, my copy of Office was a legitimate one, and was working fine prior to the virus and subsequent reformatting. I have tried downloading the free version of Office 2007 and that will not work properly either. I am still having issues with the error stating that I am working without a work file and must save my work, and then the document I am working on freezes and cannot be saved.

My machine was purchased through Dell in 2006.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users