Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Swine Flu has attacked my computer!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 tait

tait

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:57 PM

I have a virus that is causing Internet Explorer to open at random times with random websites. It has also put permissions on my spybot folder which will not allow me to open spybot or delete the folder. Firefox also seems to be infected in that it crashes whenever i try to open it. I downloaded AVG free and it has not found anything on my computer. When trying to run the DDS tool it does not leave the blank cmd screen. Then i tried running rootrepeal and an error message came up when i clicked scan saying, "Could not intialize driver! Please contact the author!". I am running on 32bit Windows 7 ultimate the evaluation copy build 7100. If you need to know anything else please let me know. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Do not reboot the computer or you will have to run it again

Then try DDS and Root Repeal again

If that works post back with the RR log or let me know if it didn't work

Edited by garmanma, 27 October 2009 - 04:56 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 tait

tait
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

When i opened rkill it said "info: no tasks running with the specified criteria" then it printed "the operation was completed successfully" 6 times. I then opened dds and a blank cmd screen flashed on then off leaving no notepad documents. Then i tried root repeal and the same exact thing happened as mentioned before; when i open the program it says "FOPS - DeviceIoControl Error! Error code = 0xc0000024 Extended Info (0x000000e4)" then i clicked ok and followed the instructions on how to scan. Then when i click scan it says "could not initialize driver! Please contact the author!" i click ok then another error pops up saying Error dumping SSDT )0xc0000024)! i click ok then another error appears attempt to read from address: 0x00000004 i click ok and then another error DeviceIoControl Error! Error code = 0x0 then when i click ok it closes. Thank you so much for your time!

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Let me double-check what is compatibl with Windows 7
I will get back with you
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

Please try these

:trumpet:
Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD and save it to your desktop.
alternate download 1
alternate download 2
  • This tool will create a diagnostic report
  • Double-click on Win32kDiag.exe to run and let it finish.
  • When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
  • A file called Win32kDiag.txt should be created on your Desktop.
  • Open that file in Notepad and copy/paste the entire contents (from Starting up... to Finished! Press any key to exit...) in your next reply.
--------------------------------------

:flowers: Go to Posted Image > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: cmd
Click OK.
At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txt
A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.
Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

=================================

:thumbsup:
Vista users can refer to these instructions to open a command prompt.

Alternatively you can do this:

Please download peek.bat and save it to your Desktop. Double-click on peek.bat to run it. A black Command Prompt window will appear indicating the program is running. Once it is finished, copy and paste the entire contents of the Log.txt file it creates in your next reply.

If you encounter a problem downloading or getting peek.bat to run, go to Posted Image > Run..., and in the open box, type: Notepad
  • Click OK.
  • Copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Untitled - Notepad.
@ECHO OFF
DIR /a/s C:\WINDOWS\scecli.dll C:\WINDOWS\netlogon.dll C:\WINDOWS\eventlog.dll C:\Windows\cngaudit.dll >Log.txt
START Log.txt
DEL %0
  • Go to File > Save As, click the drop-down box to change the Save As Type to *All Files and save it as "peek.bat" on your desktop.
  • Double-click peek.bat to run the script.
  • A window will open and close quickly, this is normal.
  • A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.
  • Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
-- Vista users, users can refer to these instructions to Run a Batch File as an Administrator.
Mark
Posted Image

#6 tait

tait
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

ok sorry for not responding quicker apparently i had the email notifications turned off and did not know you had replied. I downloaded the Win32kDiag.exe and when i opened it an error message appeared "Error Occurred! Windows Version: Windows Vista SP0, Exception Code: 0xc0000005, Exception Address: 0x000d2575, Attempt to write address: 0x00000000" when i clicked ok a message popped up and said "Win32kDiag.exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

when running the peek. bat this is what was in log

Volume in drive C is Enterprise-C
Volume Serial Number is 7CC6-8478

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\System32

04/22/2009 01:21 AM 175,616 scecli.dll

04/22/2009 01:21 AM 561,152 netlogon.dll

04/22/2009 01:20 AM 61,952 cngaudit.dll
3 File(s) 798,720 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-cngaudit-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7100.0_none_5956e38684aa4f03

04/22/2009 01:20 AM 12,288 cngaudit.dll
1 File(s) 12,288 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-s..urationengineclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7100.0_none_a900dabd2e31405b

1 File(s) 175,616 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-security-netlogon_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7100.0_none_6eaaafa48d0fb9a0

1 File(s) 561,152 bytes

Total Files Listed:
6 File(s) 1,547,776 bytes
0 Dir(s) 209,295,450,112 bytes free

When running the cmd prompt code this is what it produced in its log file
Volume in drive C is Enterprise-C
Volume Serial Number is 7CC6-8478

Directory of C:\Windows\System32

Directory of C:\Windows\System32

2 File(s) 736,768 bytes

Directory of C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-s..urationengineclient_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7100.0_none_a900dabd2e31405b

1 File(s) 175,616 bytes

Directory of C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-security-netlogon_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7100.0_none_6eaaafa48d0fb9a0

1 File(s) 561,152 bytes

Total Files Listed:
4 File(s) 1,473,536 bytes
0 Dir(s) 209,295,372,288 bytes free

once again thank you so much for your time!

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

Those 2 logs should be good enough for a start
Be sure to tell them this is Windows 7

Now that you were successful in creating those two logs you need to post them in our HJT forum There they will help you with the removal through some custom scripts and programs that we cannot run here in this forum

First, try to run a DDS / HJT log as outlined in our preparation guide:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

If it won't run, don't worry, just give a brief description and tell them that these logs were all you could get to run successfully

Post them here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

The HJT team is extremely busy, so be patient and good luck
Mark
Posted Image

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268138/swine-flu-has-attacked-my-computer/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users