Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting c:\windows\system32\loviheti.dll error msg after MW/AV run

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 steedross

steedross

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

Hey Again -

Go some malware/infection going on. I've run Malware and Avira AV, but I keep getting reinfected. After I run AV, then Malware, deleting or quaranting all the bad stuff, I'm prompted to reboot. When it comes back up, I then get an error message:
unable to locate c:\windows\system32\loviheti.dll - this is one of the files that Malware deletes as a bad guy. Looking at my logs it looks like I have a lot of "registry" problems.

So I'm wondering if I can run CCleaner - Farbar had me download it, and advised my to run in periodically, but well I'm chicken as I get a "warning" message about deleting God and everything. Below are the settings I have - this is a cut/paste from Farbar's and mine forum log, and my CCleaner is set up just like this. If this is cool let me know, I'd love to run CCleaner.

Thanks for ya'll help.

Steedross

INSTRUCTIONS FROM FARBAR ABOUT CCLEANER
This small application you may want to keep and use to keep the computer clean.
Download CCleaner from here http://www.ccleaner.com/

Run the installer to install the application.
When it gives you the option to install Yahoo toolbar uncheck the box next to it.
Run CCleaner. (make sure under Windows tab all the boxes of Internet Explorer and Windows explorer are checked. Under System check Empty Recycle Bin and Temporary Files. Under Application tab all the boxes should be checked).
Click Run Cleaner.
Close CCleaner.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users