Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with security tool and police pro

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 woodyent

woodyent

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

I have a desktop computer that my son was using when he apparently downloaded windows police pro and security tool virus programs, I have tried everything I have seen through searching and have had no luck.
The system will not let me access the task manager as it says, it has been locked by administrator.

I have tried to download the fix I think it was called fixtm, from this site and installed it to the desktop. When I tried to open it, it says locked by administrator. I then tried to rename the taskmgr.exe to iexplorer.exe as another site said to try and the system locked, I have tried to start the system in safe mode and I get another error screen. So I cannot even use Safe Mode. Now while I was trying to access the system32 it locked and shows this screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: SPCMDCOM.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

In this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware of software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for nay windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as your caching or shadowing. if you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Option, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 ( 0xFD3094C2, 0x00000001, 0xFBFE7617, 0x00000000 )

**** SPCMDCON.SYS - Address FBFE7617 base at FBFE5000, DateStamp 3d6dd67c

This seems fishy to me as there are misspellings and grammatical errors throughout this screen, that seems unlikely for a legitimate message. This computer is totally non-functional at this point and has many important files I cannot afford to loose. Please help my ASAP it would be greatly appreciated.

Operating system is Windows XP Pro, this virus attacked the system 2 weeks ago and has been progressively worsening.

I have downloaded the fixtm to a flash drive and tried to open it from it on the infected computer but no luck, Again it says the registry has been locked. I now have it unplugged from the network as to hopefully not get this spread to my laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users