Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WAV. files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nobluescreen4me

Nobluescreen4me

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:23 AM

How do I go about making my own WAV. files? Can I make them from DVD's as well as CD's? Any help would be appreciated. TIA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image
IBM Clone Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.08GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 7600 256mb video card AGP, ASUS MB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dethkytwn

dethkytwn

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:20 AM

You can make a *.wav file from virtually any sound that plays on your computer...from a DVD Movie...from a Music CD...some background music on a website...from a game.....anything. I learned this when first trying to make my own sound files from movie clips years ago.

Assumptions: You are running Windows XP and you will be using the standard Sound Recorder (that's the program name) that comes with Windows XP.

1) Set your sound recording source (i.e. where you want to record from.)
If you basically want to record what you are hearing from your computer speakers, you'll want to record from the source of Stero Mix. To do so: Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, then Volume Control. Once the window opens, click the Options pulldown menu in the top left of the window and select Properties. Another window opens. Click the dot next to Recording. Below, make sure Stero Mix is checked and then click OK. Now you'll see your volume controls for your recording sources. Place a checkmark in the Select box under Stereo Mix. Now EVERYTHING you hear from your computer speakers can be recorded. Have the volume bar about midway or else your recording will sound really lound and possibly distorted. Click OK on every window until you are back at your desktop.

2) Open Sound Recorder
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Sound Recorder. Once your sound/music is playing that you want to record, press the record button on Sound Recorder where you want it to start and stop it when you want it stopped. Click on File and then Save and it saves it as a .wav by default.

There is no editing that can be done with this program so make sure you are accurate. The program I use where you can fully edit the sound file once you create it is called Cool Edit Pro 2.0. You can download it off the net from somewhere. This program lets you convert any sound file format into virtually any other format. i.e. wav to mp3.

Post with more questions or if you need help.

#3 Nobluescreen4me

Nobluescreen4me
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:29 AM

:thumbsup: Thanks Deth! I am going to print this out & try it later, I will let you know how I do. Thanks again for your help.
IBM Clone Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.08GHz, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 7600 256mb video card AGP, ASUS MB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users