Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grtech2009

Grtech2009

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

It is a pleasure to introduce myself to the community. So far I have been browsing this forum before I decided to become a member. What really made me join is that everyone seems very helpful knowledgable in computing. Well to start I want to say that computing is my #1 hobby. I like it becuase it is such a research intensive field and I feel like there is always a new topic to dig my nose into. Call me a geek!!! but I don't care I just really enjoy the science of technology. In fact about 80% of my surfing habits are technology driven. Not only is this my #1 hobby but it is also the begining of my computer science career.
I just graduated with a BS in Information Technology from Pace Univsity and soon after I landed a position as a database administrator for an entertainment center much like the YMCA. Although I was hired as a database administrator I quickly found myself taking on several other IT responsibilities such as network management tasks, application and help desk support tasks and hardware support which have helped me acuire several skills within the past year. Which brings me to the second reason I joined this forum.

I have about 2 years of Internship experience and 1 year of real work experience so I feel like I'm at an intermediate IT level and I'm at the point in my career where I'm really starting to feel out every area in the IT industry. The problem is that my boss doesn't have time to show me some of the more advanced stuff that I feel will take me to the next level. We are the only 2 IT people in the building so it is difficult to get some training time in. Hopefully by me joining this forum I can get as much knowledge as possible so I can apply it to my hobbies and career.

Thanks to all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer
It's nice to have you here with us
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users