Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No video after re-boot or shutdown

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Micallen

Micallen

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:01 AM

I've had a new Dell Dimension T3500 for 2 & 1/2 weeks. Last Friday, after an automatic Windows update and reboot, the screen was black when it came back on. My monitor had no signal. After about 3 tries including unplugging it and waiting 5 minutes or so, it finally came back up.

Monday morning, I had a notification that Windows had downloaded more updates and it needed to re-start. I worked about an hour first, then restarted. Again, it came back up, but with no video. But this time, after several tries, and waiting maybe 30 minutes before plugging it back in, I had no video. I called Dell, and they suspect the NVidia 1800 card is bad and they are sending a new one.

I am skeptical, because there have been other reboots where it took forever for the hard drive activity to stop and the computer actually re-boot. Sometimes I had to pull plug to get it to cut off.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had similar experience. New video card will be her by noon, so I may (or may not) know later today if that was it.

Thanks,

Micallen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

I would be looking at the video card and the DRIVERS as well. Every time I get a Windows update it seems to wipe out the drivers for my soundcard for some reason!
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users