Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Open Malwarebytes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kat1202

kat1202

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 running on Windows XP Home version. Around June, I added an external hard drive, which (I speculate) caused my computer to take around half an hour to boot up--this is important because due to this problem, I can no longer access safe mode (I have tried many a time). I have BitDefender and Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus programs. Up until the past few malware episodes, my Malwarebytes program has been handling the issues wonderfully. However, a couple weeks ago the program started running this error message:

"Unable to execute file:
C:\Program Files\Malwarebyes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified."

Naturally, I googled this exact phrase and encountered other people with the same issues. However, after reading through many solution sites, none of them worked. Furthermore, I tried downloading a Microsoft update that would scan for malware but it too would not initiate (I also renamed the installation files).

So far I am plagued by two malware programs: Security Tool and Antivirus System Pro, the first of which I can end the process in task manager and delete the files after each boot up, but the second of which I can't seem to locate and have been blindly ending processes in task manager until it temporarily goes away. Both of these programs cause BitDefender and SEP to not run properly and, in the most recent extreme case, did not let me execute any programs outside of my various folders (not even task manager would load). Today I was forced to shut down my computer by pulling the plug.

I have just rebooted it and quickly took care of Security Tool again and right now my computer is running fine, but I want to remove these programs for good. Below is the HijackThis log. Hopefully someone can figure out either (1) how to get Malwarebytes up and running, or (2) remove the sources of the malware (because God knows I can't make any sense of this log).

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:21:28 PM, on 10/26/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Smc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bradford Networks\Persistent Agent\bndaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\SeagateManager\Sync\FreeAgentService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SmcGui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\KADxMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OrderReminder\OrderReminder.exe
C:\Program Files\Seagate\SeagateManager\FreeAgent Status\StxMenuMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Bradford Networks\Persistent Agent\bncsaui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Wcescomm.exe
C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\rapimgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\K Hallwerck\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\K Hallwerck\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\K Hallwerck\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\1.2.183.7\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us&ibd=2071122
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us&ibd=2071122
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.226 osguard-pro.microsoft.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.226 osguard-pro.com
O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.226 www.osguard-pro.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: DAPIELoader Class - {FF6C3CF0-4B15-11D1-ABED-709549C10000} - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\DAPIEL~1.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Web Player Video Finder - {0FBB9689-D3D7-4f7a-A2E2-585B10099BFC} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\VeohWebPlayer\VeohIEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KADxMain] C:\WINDOWS\system32\KADxMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ECenter] C:\Dell\E-Center\EULALauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OrderReminder] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\OrderReminder\OrderReminder.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BDAgent] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\bdagent.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BitDefender Antiphishing Helper] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\IEShow.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MaxMenuMgr] "C:\Program Files\Seagate\SeagateManager\FreeAgent Status\StxMenuMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpbdfawep] C:\Program Files\HP\Dfawep\bin\hpbdfawep.exe 1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bncsaui.exe] %ProgramFiles%\Bradford Networks\Persistent Agent\bncsaui.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [18439732] C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\18439732\18439732.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [system tool] C:\Program Files\ldnidp\egftsysguard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [siyagiwag] Rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\widujuda.dll",a
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [28994335] C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\28994335\28994335.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009] C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe /S
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Wcescomm.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [system tool] C:\Program Files\ldnidp\egftsysguard.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Shockwave Updater] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\SHOCKW~1\SWHELP~1.EXE -Update -1100465 -"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/2.0.172.43 Safari/530.5" -"http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0073382760/student_view0/chapter2/flashcards.html"
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MI3AA1~1\INetRepl.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\windows\system32\widujuda.dll c:\windows\system32\fopudayu.dll,yaserefu.dll
O21 - SSODL: wozegolal - {123270c9-5f21-43a7-bf1e-23cf1ecae1b1} - c:\windows\system32\tesedafo.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: disokufig - {99d6eaa0-b2f2-4d07-b6ca-18986157e4d5} - c:\windows\system32\widujuda.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: jugezatag - {123270c9-5f21-43a7-bf1e-23cf1ecae1b1} - c:\windows\system32\tesedafo.dll (file missing)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: gahurihor - {99d6eaa0-b2f2-4d07-b6ca-18986157e4d5} - c:\windows\system32\widujuda.dll
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Arrakis Server (Arrakis3) - BitDefender S.R.L. http://www.bitdefender.com - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Arrakis Server\bin\Arrakis3.exe
O23 - Service: Bradford Persistent Agent Service (BNPagent) - Bradford Networks - C:\Program Files\Bradford Networks\Persistent Agent\bndaemon.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Seagate Service (FreeAgentGoNext Service) - Seagate Technology LLC - C:\Program Files\Seagate\SeagateManager\Sync\FreeAgentService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - BitDefender SRL - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 (RoxWatch9) - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Management Client (SmcService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Smc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SNAC.EXE
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Endpoint Protection (Symantec AntiVirus) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - BitDefender S. R. L. - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2009\vsserv.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 13731 bytes

Edited by kat1202, 26 October 2009 - 09:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:01 AM

Hi,

To run malwarebytes when you get the error code 2 during install, or mbam.exe gets deleted, please see here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29028
Once malwarebytes opens, click the "Update" tab, click "Check for Updates" in order to download the updates.
Then run the scan, let mbam quarantine/delete what it found and reboot afterwards.
After reboot, post the malwarebytes log together with a new HijackThislog.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:45 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users