Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big TV Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

So I have bought a huge LCD TV, and I am using it now as my computer screen. It is so huge, that I can sit on my sofa and chat or brows websites.

Here the problem comes. I can have a wireless keyboard, put it on my legs on my sofa and write, but I can not put the wireless mouse on my knee... that sort of does not work.

So I would like to have a sort of remote control for mouse, or a keyboard with mousepad in it... does anyone have an advice how to get such device? Or what devide I could get... ??

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 26 October 2009 - 08:51 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved TO More Appropriate Forum - AA

Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

The Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 from Microsoft is pretty decent, the keyboard has a touchpad built into it.

#3 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:18 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16823176018

It's expensive, but should work just fine.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

I do not have the type of screen you do but I also do not have my computer at a desk. My computer is set up so I can sit in my big comfy chair in the front room. I set my keyboard on my lap and use the arm of my chair for the mouse. The arm of it is just a lil smaller than the arm of most couches and it works much better than knee does for the mouse. Try sitting on the end of the couch and using the arm of it for the mouse. I have also used a small throw pillow, with a somewhat smooth cover, on my lap for the mouse. There are many things you could use for the mouse, you could even set a pillow like what I described next to you on the couch and use it that way. Look around your home to see what might work and just try out different things to see what works best. I have used this setup with both a wireless and a nonwireless mouse and all those methods work with either.

#5 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Ah yes ... reminds me of the days of WebTV when you'd sit on the couch and use the remote and a keyboard instead of a computer. hahah
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 SpankyChuck

SpankyChuck

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:07 AM

I guess I'm kind of a simplist, but I would probably get something with a little bit of surface area, as well as a little bit of weight, such as a cutting board. If the surface isn't right for your type of mouse, get yourself a mouse mat/pad. Glue or double-sided tape it down to the cutting board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users