Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing posts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jimworzala

jimworzala

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

If it's possible, it would be nice to have a way to print out the instructions given in a post more easily, perhaps another button somewhere in the frame (maybe down with the +mquote and "quote buttons at the bottom) which would only print out the contents of that reply. Or is there already a way to do this that I don't know about.

Edited by jimworzala, 26 October 2009 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

At the top of the topic is a options menu. The print option is there.

#3 jimworzala

jimworzala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:07 AM

I meant a print for a particular reply only, not the whole topic. In particular this would apply mainly to the Malware removal forums. Some of the instructional posts sent are fairly long, and with all of the posting of results, printing the whole topic can run into several pages. Basically I want to print the last reply only as I have already printed the previous replies.

Edited by jimworzala, 27 October 2009 - 11:12 AM.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:13 AM

Ahh...unfortunately this not an option.

#5 jimworzala

jimworzala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

Is there a way to bring up just the one reply on the screen and then print the whole screen? When I click on the post # on the upper right corner of the post, and copy the link into the address window of the browser, I still get the whole topic, but the post # that I inserted just shows up at the top of the new browser window.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,622 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

The best you can do is switch your display mode to outline and click on the particular post. This will show the first post and the post you clicked on. Least that cuts you down to two posts.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:52 PM

Copy and paste the relevant information needed to wordpad or similar and print from that application?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,995 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

If you use Firefox, there is an extension called Aardvark. This extension allows you to remove stuff from a webpage you don't want to print/see or you can isolate an item you DO want to see. I save a lot of paper with this extension. You can read more about this extension here: http://karmatics.com/aardvark/

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#9 jimworzala

jimworzala
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, but I did find a way to do it with my browser (IE8). If I just highlight the area I want to print and then right click on the highlighted area and choose print, then when the print dialog comes up, for page range I choose Selection. All that prints is the highlighted area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users