Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nice to be here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cathy95820

Cathy95820

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:18 AM

Happy to be here. I am a self taught computer and internet user struggling to become at least literate with regards to terminology.

I stumbled upon your site because a yahoo group - "Simply Computers" was helping me resolve an issue. The suggestion was made to google and one of the items google listed was a post to the message board here.

I look forward to gaining more insite into the computer world.

I am a 51 yr. old grandma of 6 (soon to be 7). I started my computer experience with an antique Macintosh. Of course, most of the real world uses regular (we used to call them IBM or Clones), now I guess Windows is the term?. Anyway I have finally obtained a "real" computer and am becoming pretty familiar with it.
I sure haven't screwed this one up as much as I did my apple performa LOL.

I watch grandkids all week and am also manager for our small apt. (7 units) complex here in Sacramento, CA. I am happily married for 15 years to "grandpa" , we have 2 dogs (shepherd and lab), `1 cat and 1 parakeet.

Nice to meet you and look forward to
becoming acquainted

Cathy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

Welcome to BC!
One nice feature here is the compupedia, which gives short definitions of computere terms. Also take some spare time to read some of the excellent Tutorials.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Cathy95820.
Glad to have you aboard. Hope you find this fourm warm and welcoming and helpful.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users