Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Make boot image

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 widethoughts

widethoughts

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

Greetings,

I have a forgotton password on a DELL PP10L Latitude that needs to be reset. I have a linux program that lets me reset passwords on a DVD-RW and this machine does CD-RW only. How can I make a bootable disc in CD-R?

Thanks
Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:54 AM

An Easy way to do this would be to burn the CD Image (Re-Download it) to a New, Black CD on another computer. Than reset the password. Or get an External DVD-R Drive, they cost, like, $50 U.S Dollars on eBay.

-SteinPooch.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Most Linux LiveCD's have a recovery option, you could try downloading the CD image of your distro..

#4 widethoughts

widethoughts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

Free Easy CD DVD Burner - Let me copy ISO on DVD-RW to hdd then burn CD-R FAST!!!

Thanks to all

Don :thumbsup:

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

http://www.koyotesoft.com/indexEn.html

Free Easy CD DVD Burner - Let me copy ISO on DVD-RW to hdd then burn CD-R FAST!!!

Thanks to all

Don :thumbsup:

It should be noted that there is circumstantial evidence that this program is unsafe. The main program executable, FreeEasyBurner.exe, once extracted from the installer package is flagged by 2 of the 41 scanners at Virus Total. Only two means that it may be a false positive. Yet the reviews of the website on McAffee Site Advisor are less than glowing.

It seems that the maker of this program includes the Dealio toolbar, a low risk adware agent that displays advertisements based on the users browsing habits. There are other, better, and less annoyance prone apps out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users