Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp client wrong time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dubbled

dubbled

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:21 AM

I've got one xp client on a server 2003 domain that gets an incorrect time. It is one hour behind. If you set it forward a short time later it resets to one hour behind. There is only one server and it is not configured to use an external time source. On the client the net time command returns the following:

Current time at \\servername is 8:57am

Local time at \\servername is 9:57am (correct)

The "local" time above is the correct time. Not sure I know what the difference is between local and current. The curious thing is that the client with this issue is the only one on the domain with this problem. Everyone else is reporting the correct time. Running net time on a client that has the right time returns this:

Current time at \\servername is 9:57am (correct)

I'm a little perplexed. Where is this one odd client getting the different time?

I have checked the time zone and daylight savings box and the settings on both the server and the client with the wrong time are correct.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dubbled

dubbled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

It would appear that the solution would be to apply the daylight savings time patch. Update for Windows XP (KB931836).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users