Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 HD video playback

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tenz

tenz

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

I wasnt sure if i should post here or in the A/V section, but since it works fine in my xp install, i figured here is the right place. Here is the issue:

I am running win7 ultimate (32bit) on an AMD athlon 64 Processor 3500 2.21 ghz
3 gb RAM
Evga egeforce 8600 gt video card

My issue is that while playing back HD video on the windows 7 install (dual boot with XP pro), it is choppy and pixelated, while it works fine on the xp install. All resolutions are properly set, and drivers are seemingly up to date.

If it makes a difference, i am not streaming the media, using my HDTV as an extended monitor. I have tried numerous different players all to same issue.

Any help will be appreciated, as this is basically the only reason i keep the xp install going. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tenz

tenz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

anything guys?

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

From where are you playing the video?

#4 tenz

tenz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:53 AM

I am playing the video from the computer with specs listed above, using VLC player from the XP install to no issues, while same video, on same program (vlc), on same computer, is choppy and skipping on the win7 install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users