Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transfering Digital voice recordings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jjt72209

jjt72209

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hello People,

Well, I purchased a Mp3 Player. An Emerson EMP516-2 2GB to be precise. It's a cheaper brand player, but seemed like a steal for $25.

Anyway, My Fiancee and I enjoy doing paranormal investigations. We have been looking forward to buying a real DVR equipped with software and a usb so we can connect and transfer to our laptop and review our recordings.

Well the main reason we bought this mp3 player is because it offered exactly that. A built in mic, and the ability to record.

So we did numerous tests and the recordings save as .wav files. when I plug the player in the comp and open the player window which appears as drive E: the .wav' s are there and so i drag them over to my desktop click them and when WMP opens it does absolutely nothing. We also have a program called Audacity, when i open them in Audacity. It shows the tracks and what would normally be the waves of our voices. it looks like someone was screaming into the mic. i press play it makes a weird sound, and that's it.

Is there something i need to configure in order for the recordings to be able to be heard?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

I have been unable to locate any information on that model MP3 player. The only place that Google has seen a reference to an EMP516-2 is this post...

So, I'll just make a wild stab in the dark and speculate that perhaps the MP3 player/voice recorder is malfunctioning? After all, it was only $25 and you get what you pay for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users