Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:14 AM
Hi all, whenever I start up my laptop to connect to my home internet, it always proves to be problem of connection.
Here's what I have faced for the past few days:
1) My network and sharing center will be shown connected to my home's network showing the BLUE light up icon.
2) Next thing is obviously just to proceed on and click the internet browser icon - which I'm using Google Chrome / IE
3) Page will be shown " Internet is down " together with the error message.
4) Error message reads - " Windows cannot find the host name "www.google.com.sg" using DNS. The Domain Name Server may be down."
5) Hence, I've to go back to the network and sharing center and click the Manage network connections and disable my wireless network connection and then enable it again. And I'll need to keep repeating this process until the internet is displayed properly with my homepage.
6) I find it a pain to keep repeating this process over and over again. However, when I bring this laptop to school using the school's network. It doesn't have this problem and straight away the internet page is display upon first try.
My laptop specs are:
Windows Vista Home Premium
2 GB Ram
120 Hard drive
Thanks for anyone who knows how to solve my problem.