Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When is 64bit combofix being released?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 itster

itster

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

Hi Guys,

As an IT Professional I have used ComboFix for a long time now and have done 100's of fixes with this wonderful software. As we move forward in technology and manufacturers building laptops with 64 bit windows, i was wondering when or if there will be a 64bit version of combofix.

This would be extremely appreciated on my part

Regards

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wraithe

wraithe

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

I too am curious about this. It seems that some of my clientel have managed to fubar their Win7 installs within a couple of months of it being available. As reliable as combofix has been for so many years, I am anxiously awaiting any news regarding 64bit support as well...

#3 SanDiegoPaul

SanDiegoPaul

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:51 PM

What's combofix? Better than MalwareBytes?

Edited by SanDiegoPaul, 03 December 2009 - 05:53 PM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

What's combofix? Better than MalwareBytes?

Completely different tool, with a completely different function.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Currently CF won't support any 64bit or Windows 7 systems. It will be released when it is ready. There is not definite date or time it will be released. It's a powerful tool and most 64bit systems are not severely infected systems and can be cleaned with other tools in where Combofix is not necessary always needed.

Edited by extremeboy, 04 December 2009 - 07:00 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users