Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ebook readers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dovbaruch

dovbaruch

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

Fisrt of all I have no idea where to post this questions, so I'm Just glad i put it in "gadgets". my question is the following: I want to get an ebook reader, looking at Sony, kindle and nook, and i know that they all read PDF, but can I easily up load PDF doc and use/access them easily on the reader? I can't imagine why not but, I have not gotten a definitive Answer for this question. I would primarily use the reader to read PDF from work, not just buy book for the reader. Also Do these readers have a back light so that i can read in the dark. again answer I have not been able to find.

Well glad to tell yall that I found answers to my questions!! thanks for your help anyways!

Edited by dovbaruch, 26 October 2009 - 11:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain Pike

Captain Pike

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Well, what did you find out? Which one is the best? I have been looking at these as well. I have some physical disability and I'm looking for something that I could read in bed with without bothering my partner -- i.e. it has its own light which is not obnoxious.

I would also want to be able to upload text from my PC to read on the device. Files like.RTF and flat text files. It would be good to be able to get the text from a source on the net such as the Guttenberg.org, then upload it to the device for reading away from the computer.

#3 tom rosali

tom rosali

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

again, i'd also love an answer to this question. i was planning to start a new thread in the general chat, but 'search' brought me here. :-)
so what i want to know is which of the following two is better:

- Nook
- eSlick = 250$

...or is there another that competes with these two that is much better? From what I hear from Nook thus far, the only thing you can do is buy the ebooks off of barnes and nobles? For eSlick, any document that is convertable to PDF can be viewed on the reader. And with that, eSlick ranks top since I'll be able to convert my notes, research papers, etc into PDF and read it anywhere.

EDIT: I also want to add that SONY's Reader Pocket Edition (199$) might be the better out of the three. Do anyone think it will be possible to convert documents into PDF and transfer it to the reader? Will SONY Reader be compatible with it?

Edited by tom rosali, 09 November 2009 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users