Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

playing .avi files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 splackavellie

splackavellie

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

ok so my friend gave me a copy of this movie he got/DL and its an avi file. when i tried to play it with media player its giving me this error:

C00D10CD: Cannot play the CD
Windows Media Player cannot play the CD. You might encounter this error message for the following reasons:

The disc is dirty. Clean the disc, and then try again.
The disc is damaged.
Error ID = 0xC00D10CD, Condition ID = 0x00000000

i downloaded divx player and it still cant play it. i know its not the cd cuz we tried on other computers and it still played. on some it didnt play the video but you can hear the sounds, but atleast it plays the whole thing. mine just plays for like 1 sec. and then gives me that error.

the name of the file is "Stewie.Griffin.The.Untold.Story.STV.2005.DVDRip.XviD.INTERNAL.avi"
i dont know if that has anything to do with it but i also tried to play it with quicktime and it said it couldnt cuz the file name is bad.

is this just something on my comp? is there something else that i need?
oh and im running xp home.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ronnie Fox

Ronnie Fox

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:10 AM

I don't know much about computers but I may be able to help with this, because I also had trouble playing some avi files. Download this file:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_codec_pack.html

Click "open".

Setup might ask you if you are using a "http server" or some nonsense like that, click "no". You get a choice between installing divx codecs or "ffd show file", tick ffd show file. Then install the file.

Worked for me, hope it does for you.

#3 splackavellie

splackavellie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:22 PM

ok im bringing this back up again as i have been trying to play the cd again and i found something interesting.

ronnie fox i havent tried to download that link yet. what is it?

ok so back to the same movie on the same cd. seems that if i just put in the cd, something pops-up and ask me what i want to do. if i just choose to play the movie w/ windows media player it seems to work fine.

however if i go to the my "d" (cd) drive and double click on the file to play it with windows media player, i run into problems. (same problems as above)

any ideas? or my cd drive just suck?

#4 barker2k17

barker2k17

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:09 PM

you can convert avi files to mpeg which should play on your computer and some dvd players, have a look on www.download.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users