Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a trojan infection that just wont go away resulting in a desperate move!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nooneyouknow

nooneyouknow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

I was infected with a trojan a while back making my computer run SUPER slow constantly freezing up. I have tried SpyBot Search and Destroy, Malware bytes, AVG free, and a couple other recommended solutions to no avail. It seems they all seem to find something, destroy it, but the problem continues to exist. So, an acquantance of mine told me to download and run Combofix, which I did not realizing how powerful it was. My machine is running better know, but I'm not sure what to do next or what to do with the log. I'm sure I took the wrong steps here and didn't follow the correct procedures, but I was desperate and open to any and all suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 neilmac

neilmac

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:57 AM

first shut down your system and reboot when it's rebooting keep pressing f8 to launch the advanced boot menu. run windows in safe mode with networking, goto avira and download it's free antivirus software and scan your system. you will have to uninstall all your other antivirus software first. avira i have found is the best free antivirus and even better than any paid one i have come into contact with too. it has time and again found viruses other ones have missed. if u still have problems then you may have tyo go one step further.
i would suggest backing up your most important files you want to keep onto a removable media. goto the sites related to your video sound drivers etc.. and download copies for them, getting a copy of hirens boot cd is a good cd to have it has a program on it that backs up your drivers without the need to goto individual sites for copies. then reinstall your whole system from scratch. after you do that install your network driver so that you can access the internet, then when u have internet access goto avira.com download the free antivirus software. then connect your removable media with your backed up files and drivers and scan it, if you have any zip or rar files set the configuration on avira's expert mode to search 99 levels deep on archives. in fact set all the options to their most effective, you should be able to figure out those as you see them. if not reply again. i hope this helps. if you dont have any removable media for your system and cant afford to buy some then hirens boot cd has some great data recovery software that u can use to get back files u have deleted and or lost due to reinstalling windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users