Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows did not start successfully

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rainydays

rainydays

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:16 PM

Can anyone help me please. This happen after I installed harddisk and cd drive. I cannot boot the computer and it freeze to this screen below. I didn't find any blue screen of dead.
I have tried to go to the bios and boot first from the cd room but it came to this similar screen below again.
But when I put the harddisk and the cd drive and installed to another computer, the windows can boot succesfully.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows
Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked) Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Seconds until Windows starts: 0

thanks a lot for taking the time to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 rainydays

rainydays
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:08 AM

oh, thanks for the reply. I am not really sure about the model or the system manufacture of my pc. but it runs windows xp home sp 2.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:26 AM

Recheck your cable connections, if any are ribbon style some can be turned upside down. Also check to see that you have not inadvertently bent any pins in the connectors.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#5 rainydays

rainydays
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

i have rechecked the cables, the pins, even i have taken out the ram and put them back. but still having problem to boot. thanks for the advices anyways.

Edited by rainydays, 26 October 2009 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users