Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I believe I'm infected and cannot remove

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 mmurphy50

mmurphy50

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:45 PM

Hi this is my first post and I would like to say this is a GREAT site. You have provided me with a lot of information and help.

Now to my problem.

I have a Dell laptop running XP Home sp3.

I was running a McAfee scan and crashed (weekly maint.). When I rebooted I got a blue screen after the splash but before I got to the desktop. I was able to correct that problem by following the instruction in the fourth post of this thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...;hl=hive+errors

I can now boot and get to my desktop and I now have an svchost error that reads:

svchost.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

If I click to clear that message and leave the the system alone just sitting at the desktop I start to get pop-ups to different sites.

I am able to run Adaware and McAfee but when I try to update the definition files I am told I don't have an internet connection. If I open IE I can get to the net with no problem although with lots of pop-ups with a pop-up blocker running. I have tried to install Malwarebytes but there is something that won't allow it to install. I dbl click on the exe and nothing happens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Please try to rename the Malwarebytes .exe file to zztoy and see if it will install
Computer Pro

#3 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

I renamed to zztoy and the installer ran but at the end of the install it asks if you want to Malwarebyte I selected Yes and nothing happened. I rebooted the system and tried to run MB. When I tried to start MB I got hit with multiple pop-ups and MB has not started.

Any ideas?

Edited by mmurphy50, 25 October 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#4 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

Lets try a fix to get it to try to run:

let's try Fatdcuk's fix.

Please navigate to the MBAM folder located in the Program Files directory.

Locate MBAM.exe and rename it to winlogon.exe

Once renamed double click on the file to open MBAM and select Quick Scan

At the end of the scan click Remove Selected and then reboot.

Post the scan log. The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
Computer Pro

#5 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

I renamed as suggested and was able to start MB. It ran for 4 min 5 sec and hung on file C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2evxx.exe

I can only move the mouse on the screen but cannot click on anything.

#6 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

I did a forced shutdown and was able to run MB completely. Upon reboot I no longer get the svchost error I was getting.

Here is the log file you requested

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
Database version: 2551
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

10/25/2009 6:51:55 PM
mbam-log-2009-10-25 (18-51-55).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 106607
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 29 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 5
Registry Keys Infected: 28
Registry Values Infected: 10
Registry Data Items Infected: 8
Folders Infected: 13
Files Infected: 136

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\prunnet.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kotafeka.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jahasike.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\warewabe.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tagetega.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xmqtgl.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{3117542d-36b0-4248-b8ae-400e461d2bc4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3117542d-36b0-4248-b8ae-400e461d2bc4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a8412587-012e-44e6-89f8-8d7e3b946378} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a8412587-012e-44e6-89f8-8d7e3b946378} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{a8412587-012e-44e6-89f8-8d7e3b946378} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{26de24ca-6ffd-42fb-9b93-1a5a183e614a} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3117542d-36b0-4248-b8ae-400e461d2bc4} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{e9bd0828-1fd9-410c-a50f-43ebe65d310f} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{549b5ca7-4a86-11d7-a4df-000874180bb3} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{549b5ca7-4a86-11d7-a4df-000874180bb3} (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\fias4051 (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\prunnet (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\TDSSdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\xpre (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\dslcnnct (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WinAble (Trojan.Adloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDSERVICE (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DomainService (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DomainService (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CAC (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WinPop (Adware.WinPop) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0cc1abda-bc31-4012-b1e0-d7c1a46d0407} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{0cc1abda-bc31-4012-b1e0-d7c1a46d0407} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\leketebade (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\tehiyahep (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{26de24ca-6ffd-42fb-9b93-1a5a183e614a} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\wifitoyam (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\leketebade (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{07aa283a-43d7-4cbe-a064-32a21112d94d} (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\prunnet (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\prunnet (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\braviax (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jahasike.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\jahasike.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: system32\jahasike.dll -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\warewabe.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: system32\warewabe.dll -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\f02WtR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Network Monitor (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\InetGet2 (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\DriveCleaner Freeware (Rogue.DriveCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesMonitor (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesMonitor\Data (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2006 (Rogue.WinAntiSpyware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2006\Logs (Rogue.WinAntiSpyware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\DriveCleaner Freeware (Rogue.DriveCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\DriveCleaner Freeware\Logs (Rogue.DriveCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\WinAble (Trojan.Adloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Temporary (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xmqtgl.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bizugosi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\isoguzib.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\diyahema.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amehayid.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\fatalofi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ifolataf.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\fuhubuga.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\agubuhuf.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gaperume.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\emurepag.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\goyipeme.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\emepiyog.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\guhehodi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\idohehug.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jeziluku.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ukulizej.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jifakade.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\edakafij.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kenayiba.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\abiyanek.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\lipewedi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\idewepil.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\lizuside.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\edisuzil.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pabevajo.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ojavebap.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pomikiwa.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\awikimop.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ruvaluno.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\onulavur.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tahidazu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uzadihat.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tofayava.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avayafot.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\turenugu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ugunerut.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vidohosi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\isohodiv.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wiludubu.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ubuduliw.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yinazeku.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ukezaniy.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zekagawi.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\iwagakez.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tagetega.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\warewabe.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kotafeka.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jahasike.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bajoduza.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bemevaja.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bisomasu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\biyebafi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bodizeya.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\danuzihi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\davafuhu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\davafuhu.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\doguvuvo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dovinabu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxltwa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\fuweyofa.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\fuzedanu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gaforono.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gajukilu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\garazuha.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gawodara.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gehuseda.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gelaginu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gidogudi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jihizeda.exe (Trojan.Vundo.V) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\juvabuye.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kabujupe.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kihulolu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kogonubo.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kubuyula.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\kuzokutu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\logapoyi.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSINET.oca (Rogue.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mumenawo.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\musowewo.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\muzupera.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nopihizu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sajijade.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\suwuwuha.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tawaluvu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\telemize.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tiyupotu.dll.tmp (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vebeleje.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vumeburi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vuwupajo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wanisupa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wjnbli.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yujukaku.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zavidegu.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\~.exe (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\domains.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\NetMon\log.txt (Trojan.NetMon) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2006\Logs\update.log (Rogue.WinAntiSpyware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\DriveCleaner Freeware\Logs\update.log (Rogue.DriveCleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\titewiko.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\instsp2.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\prunnet.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zxdnt3d.cfg. (Adware.ZenoSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\delself.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msnav32.ax (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\zxdnt3d.cfg (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sebiniha.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jeharaya.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\romabotu.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sayiwido.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\runiwapa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\talefake.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tugufapi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tehayela.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bepesata.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ferazolu.dll.vir (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nijufagi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\juzutase.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\modigege.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gumizoju.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hivofupi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\natulevo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wavowibi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\Google\ggqjh22510678.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\JOHN WILLIAMS\Application Data\Google\dfxvideo.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ClickToFindandFixErrors_US.ico (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\pegojehe.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ludotoja.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\jijivafo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mejiyolo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\butazaji.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vodarowo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ruyoweve.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\guyifuhi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#7 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:02 PM

Now please update Malwarebytes by going to the Update tab, as your version is outdated, after it is updated, rerun a Quick scan and post back the log.
Computer Pro

#8 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

Here is the updated log file

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3033
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

10/25/2009 9:36:18 PM
mbam-log-2009-10-25 (21-36-18).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 118712
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TDSS (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TDSSserv.sys (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\laroriwa.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\famiweki.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#9 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Please run ATF and SAS:
Credits to Boopme

Note.. SAS doesn't open the registry hives for other user accounts on the system, so scans should be done from each user account.

Note 2: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware, Free Home Edition

Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.
Computer Pro

#10 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:00 PM

Here is the SAS log file

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 10/26/2009 at 09:45 PM

Application Version : 4.29.1004

Core Rules Database Version : 4195
Trace Rules Database Version: 2106

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:44:18

Memory items scanned : 265
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6271
Registry threats detected : 6
File items scanned : 61852
File threats detected : 61

Unclassified.Unknown Origin
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{C6039E6C-BDE9-4DE5-BB40-768CAA584FDC}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{C6039E6C-BDE9-4DE5-BB40-768CAA584FDC}

Adware.Vundo Variant
HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{E9BD0828-1FD9-410C-A50F-43EBE65D310F}
HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{E9BD0828-1FD9-410C-A50F-43EBE65D310F}

Trojan.Fake-Alert/Trace
HKU\S-1-5-21-341212324-1047647260-2313080244-1007\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\fias4013

Rogue.Component/Trace
HKU\S-1-5-21-341212324-1047647260-2313080244-1007\Software\Microsoft\FIAS4057

Application.PowerReg Scheduler
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\JOHN WILLIAMS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP\POWERREG SCHEDULER V3.EXE

Adware.k8l
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NETMEETING\RTEMEHDOCEB.HTML

Adware.Vundo/Variant-EC
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\BARUSAYA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FONEMIKE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HAKUREVI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JURUZUHU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RUTOBUKI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TIBIPAKU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZANOWAPU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZODAVULA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZUGOWUVA.DLL

Adware.Vundo/Variant-EmpiaA
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FAPILIZU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GIPUNOWE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LOTAKINE.DLL

Adware.Vundo/Variant
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FIGOVAFA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FIWEVOGA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GEPESISO.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GOTUJUMU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HAVAMUHU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KEVIDOBI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MUPITERA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NOTABAGE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PARODUPA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PIKUMIVU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\POPUKALU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\REWAGIKI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RIMOZINU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TEYESITI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TOYIGERU.DLL

Adware.Vundo/Variant-ICQ
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FIRAHUFU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JOBIWAJE.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VASANOTI.DLL

Trojan.Dropper/Gen-SoftDev
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GAHEHANI.DLL.TMP
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\HEDAFATU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KELAROZO.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LELIMAFU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NIBABUJU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NIGAVIMI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NQQGRI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PEDISASA.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ROYETUKI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VZOYMO.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WOFOMOBU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\YEGEMISO.DLL.TMP
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZOFOWODA.DLL

Adware.Vundo Variant/ESET
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\GAYUSOMI.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JASAMOHU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JUMIDANI.DLL

Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IJKMP.BAK1
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IJKMP.BAK2
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IJKMP.INI

Adware.Vundo/Variant-Hidden
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\POFOKAGO.DLL

Rootkit.TDSServ/Fake
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSHRXX.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSOIQT.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSVKQL.DLL

Rootkit.TDSServ-Trace
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSKKAI.LOG
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSMTVD.DAT

Adware.Vundo/Variant-Cd
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VEHUSURU.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VUSUMUJE.DLL

Trojan.Downloader-Gen
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINPFZ32.SYS

Trojan.Unknown Origin
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WNSCPISV.EXE

#11 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:08 PM

Ok, how are things running now?
Computer Pro

#12 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:37 PM

Appears to be running OK. Does take a little bit to load into windows. Once windows is loaded it appears OK.

#13 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

Ok I am glad that things are running better. Your system had quite the infection. Something that may cause Windows to start slowly is McAfee. It is not known to be the best when it comes to performance and amount of protection. Another possibility is that it could be startup items.
Computer Pro

#14 mmurphy50

mmurphy50
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:39 PM

OK I will look into the start up items. I want to thank you for your GREAT help. :thumbsup:

#15 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

Your so very welcome. Let me know if you need any help with the startup items. Also please make sure that all of your software is updating including Windows and Internet Explorer. Also feel free to let me know if you have any questions about those items.

And then finally:

Create a new Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
Click "Ok"
Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
Click the "More Options" Tab.
Click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
Click Yes, then click Ok.
Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Computer Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users