Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

custom pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

me and a friend of mine are planning to build our own gaming pc and wea are both reletivly new to the whole hardware scene here are the rough specs ae are planning to use

2.8ghz p4
1gb ddr ram
256 graphics
200 gb hdd
dvd/cdrom combi
windows xp
security?

the thing we need most help on is the mother board the rest we can figure out ourselves but the mother board we are clueless about.

i know the description is pretty vague but i couldnt find the list we had written and there are most probably pieces missing but does it sound like good setup and if not what would you suggest and if it is a good setup could you suggest the pieces you would use

thnx
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

also i forgot to mention that we are thinking about installing a game with it as a free gift or an extra we havent decided yet we were thinking halflife2 so that we get cs source as well what do you think

#3 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

Try here
If this isn't what you're looking for, Newegg can help you find the exact type of mobo you want.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#4 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:20 AM

thats great m8 thnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users