Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NT. Authority\System.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eleint

Eleint

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

NT. Authority\System.
by Eleint

If some body has already posted this then I apologize.
I have a Windows XP home edition with SP 2, and it is doing the following.
It starts up with the blue Windows is starting up. Then the blue Welcome screen without log on icons appears. 30 seconds later the following error appears.

System Shutdown
The system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. The shut-down was initialled by
NT.AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.
The System process
'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LASS.EXE'
Terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073794189.

The system then reboots after 59 seconds at starts the sequence all over again.

I use to have 5 other usurers but there logins were deleted. The Administrator log on is not appearing just a blue screen. When I first got the computer I never set any passwords for anybody.

I can not get past this page so it is not possible to load anything to the computer.

Safemode gets the same error.
Can anybody help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

FWIW: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/lass.exe-9185.html

Since it appears that your system is infected, I will now suggest that your thread be moved to one of the malware forums here at BC.

Please follow all administrative suggestions/instruction...once you are contacted by personnel assisting in that forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users