Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shutdowns on Windows Loading Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rebellion534

rebellion534

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:27 AM

Hello, i've been trying to fix this problem for days, and searching, but i think i have no luck. lol

my pc is about 2 yrs old. Im using XP SP3, i wanna make the story short so here it is,

it started to shutdown on windows loading screen, i cant get inside windows on normal mode. didn't install any software/hardware that might have caused it.

i thought it was the CPU's temperature, so i've changed the thermal paste, and the fan works properly.

it didn't work, so i have change the PSU, and still no luck.

switched Hard drives, and RAMs. so i think they're not the problem.

removed the video card, and currently using the onboard one.

cleared CMOS.

so i think all i have left is the CPU and MoBo.

just reformatted it few mins ago, it still have the problem but it works perfectly in Safe Mode.

tried to install the Windows 7 Beta, but after the "Loading Files" it will shut down, im trying Linux Live CD too, and nothing works. always shutdowns when it starts to load main files i think.

so im wondering, what could be that normal mode loads that the safe mode don't?

my computer is on right now on safemode, its perfectly fine. im so confused. :thumbsup:

EDIT: i let it sit on safemode, for about an hour, it was fine, then when i restarted it went to normal mode smoothly and its fine, not shutting down, but when i restarted it again, it shutdowns on normal mode window loading.

Edited by rebellion534, 25 October 2009 - 01:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:03 PM

Beginners Guides Windows XP Safe Mode Explained - PCSTATS.com - http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1643

Louis

#3 rebellion534

rebellion534
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

thanks for the link, i'll read it now, i hope it can help me. thanks again.

EDIT: tried to do some steps, but didn't help, but i learned a lot of stuff in there.

i searched my motherboard ECS GeForce6100SM-M, i found that there's are a lot of people having the same problem.

Edited by rebellion534, 26 October 2009 - 05:30 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:32 PM

Go into safe mode.

Then...do a search of your C: partition for any files ending in .dmp.

Start/Search...click All Files and Folders.

In the box, All Or Part of Filename...type *.dmp, change Look In box to C:. Push Search button.

Make sure that you have made all system files and hidden files/extensions viewable.

<<...tried to install the Windows 7 Beta>>

There were two releases of Win 7 before the current, final version. The first took place at the beginning of the year and was considered the beta, it expired in Aug 2009. The second was RC1, which is not considered the beta, and which is good for use until Jun 2010.

Which were you trying to install?

Louis

#5 rebellion534

rebellion534
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

Louis thank you very much for the help and time, but i think i'll just buy a new Mobo, i failed to flash my bios. haha, used winflash, i really don't know how that flash thing works, i just followed the instruction.

i went to this site, and they have the same mobo and same problem, most of them said that upgrading the bios can fix the problem because the bios updates are for the compatability of AMD Athlon X2 for the Mobo that i have.

thanks again :thumbsup:

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users