Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setup Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thesearchmeister

thesearchmeister

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

My other computer is messed up and whenever I start it, it comes to a screen asking me to run in safe mode and when I click on any mode it restarts and takes me back to that same screen. So I ordered the boot disks for my computer but unlike my boot disks for my other computer I got a "Windows SP1,Windows XP Restore" disk not specified for this computer. When I tried to run the disk and it gave me the option to install windows XP I clicked and it said "cannot find End User License Agreement and won't let it install.

Is my computer fried for good?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

Hi thesearchmeister,

If you are getting to a point where your computer is asking for its licensing agreement, it is probably ok.

What kind of computer is it?
Do you have your software product key?

Your computer should boot first with the restore disk to setup partitions and base OS needs. SP1 will update you to service pack 1 (SP1) level. You will have to update more later.

Take care and good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 dethkytwn

dethkytwn

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:03 AM

Quick suggestion: Possbily wrong boot disk. If you know what Operating System...for sure...you are going to install, you can download your own bootdisk here instead of ordering one and waiting for it to come.

http://bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

Oops!

Sorry I misread your post. If the restore disks/ operating system disks you received dont match the product key you have, the disks won't help. -or- If the restore disk doesn't match up with the system type, I would call the people you ordered them from and have THEM next day ship a set of disks to you.

Good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users