Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help In Upgrading Graphic Card N RAM!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ashutoshrathore

ashutoshrathore

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:25 AM

Hi,Iam a ultimate gamer n luv to play games on pc.Below are my PC SPECS
Intel® Celeron® CPU
420 @ 1.60GHz
1.60GHz, 504 MB of RAM
Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family with 128MB of graphic memory.
I know my specs r not too high fi but still iam able to play Fifa n other EA Games but while playing games sometimes it crashes n stuck n run very roughly.My frnd told me to purchase a graphic card n upgrade ur ram.So pls help.I want to upgrade my RAM to 2GB as well as pls suggest me which graphic card to buy.Budget for graphic card 2,000RS (INR).
Rep soon.
Ashu$
ASHUTOSH RATHORE
Twitter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

Since you're in India, we can't really help you in picking out exact hardware since Newegg and TigerDirect doesn't ship there. Most members on this board are in North America so I'm not sure what options for purchasing hardware there is in India. However, there are some things you can do. That computer is not designed for games and will be quite slow. First, the CPU is a slow and is single core. Second, you have little RAM. Third, your graphics card is underpowered. According to Intel, you should be able to use a maximum of 4GB of DDR2-667 RAM. You can also use DDR2-400 with that motherboard too. It is possible to upgrade your graphics to something better. According to a currency calculator, 2000 INR is about $43 USD. Before you can upgrade your card, you need to know how many watts your power supply puts out, then go find a card that will run using that wattage. Your motherboard allows for PCI-E so your options aren't limited in terms choice.

3939.png

#3 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:43 AM

Intel® Celeron® CPU
420 @ 1.60GHz
1.60GHz, 504 MB of RAM
Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family with 128MB of graphic memory.

The 504MB of RAM tells us that there is actually only 8MB being used for video (assuming 512MB total), although up to 128MB is supported. You need to load your BIOS and change this setting. It would also help to upgrade the RAM.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users