Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kaiser_Mobius

Kaiser_Mobius

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:19 AM

Hello, I have registered at this forum because i am in desperate need of help to fix my computer.

Several days ago, I think my computer was infected with some kind of trojan virus or malware software. I began noticing issues when my Kaspersky antivirus 2009 began giving me warnings about something trying to infect my systems. i followed these warnings, and the antivirus seemed to be quarantining and deleting whatever was causing these programs.

However, it did not work. Suddenly, I began getting various popups for different ads out of nowhere. sometimes when i would try to close these, they would open up different messages. I was able to close them, but then things started getting worse.

Whatever was infecting my computer seemed to start preventing me from opening up both malwarebytes anti malware and Adaware. Whenever I would start up these programs, I would get messages that they could not connect to server or something like that. With Adaware, i was able to start a scan but the program suddenly cut out on me, and would not reinitialize.

My scans with Kaspersky 2009 also did not stop this infection.

Today, things are far worse. My wallpaper was replaced with a giant warning message about my computer being infected. After witnessing this, I immediately turned off my computer. Now, when i turn it back on, the screen will lag at the welcome message, and when my desktop is displayed, there is no start bar on the bottom and no icons. Most worrying is then when i try pressing ctrl/alt/delete, I get a message saying that task manager has been disabled by the administrator.

I am at a complete loss as to what I can do now. I am desperate not to lose any of my data, which includes many downloaded files, games, videos, music files, 3D models, textures, and programs. I am thinking I might need to take it in to a local computer repair place, but i am not sure if they could solve this problem without losing some or all of my data. Can someone please help me?

FYI: my system is a Windows XP home edition.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:21 PM

Welcome to BC

:trumpet:
Please download to your Desktop

Rkill.scr
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr

When you double-click on the Desktop icon, a small DOS window will open and the application will run on it's own
It should only take a few minutes and it will close by itself

Do not reboot the machine

=========================

:flowers:
Update mbam and run a FULL scan
Please post the results

==============================

:thumbsup:
We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

----------------------------------

Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to High

Also try: right-click on rootrepeal.exe and rename it to tatertot.scr
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users