Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YAY Windows 7 YAY

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BSOD

BSOD

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:25 AM

:thumbup2: :huh: Buy windows 7 its true that windows 7 is better then xp and vista :huh: :inlove:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

Speaking of which, did anyone do the pre-order and if so, have you gotten them yet? Ordered 2 copies a couple of months ago and nothing so far.

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:21 AM

Yup, I did the pre-order, from Newegg. According to the tracking, on Thursday, it was enroute to Lincoln at 3:40 am. It did not show up at my house on Friday, so I checked the tracking again, now the "Lincoln" tracking has disapeared and it has arrived at Omaha. And since UPS closes down on the weekends (no deliveries) I have to wait until next week. I should have just cancelled my order and gone to Best Buy. It would have cost me $20 more, but I would have it and have it installed by now.. :huh:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

Just hang in there. It is worth the wait, and the way the economy is, saving any amount of money is worth the wait.

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, but I'm like a little kid, I want it now! :huh:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

I bought mine :huh: Its great and certainly faster and slimmer than Vista.

#7 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:08 AM

I have to agree that 7 is awesome. I have Windows 7 Ultimate SE and it rocks!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:45 AM

Not to upset anyone but I'm working with Win7 Pro, have been for about a month, and didn't pay a cent for it. Gotta love volume licensing!!

PS - It's everything a PC user hoped it would be. So far at least.
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#9 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

I've been using Windows 7 RTM since it came out, and BETA and RC before RTM. And it is amazing how much work they've put into it. Too bad I still think OSX is better overall.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#10 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Not to upset anyone but I'm working with Win7 Pro, have been for about a month, and didn't pay a cent for it. Gotta love volume licensing!!

PS - It's everything a PC user hoped it would be. So far at least.

Yeah, I love getting Windows 7 Ultimate SE for free :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 99igor

99igor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:24 AM

This is my first real reply but I do want to add to this thread.

I pre-ordered 3 copies of 7 pro some where around June. I downloaded the start up files and licenses last week when they became available.

I finally got around to doing my first computer yesterday. It is my laptop and not many apps so it was a logical choice. It was running xp pro so I had to do custom option. I also used the windows easy transfer tool to save all my settings and things from the original xp.

Once I started things going it took around 2 hours to complete. Then another time to read in all my settings. (I say time because I started it before leaving for work, and it was done when I got home.)

I am using the 32 bit version just because.

I am please to say that after working with this new os for a tad over a day, I like it. And I am a big believer of rebuilding a system rather then upgrading it.

I like the way 7 is put together and the performance. I will be doing the other two computers soon. :huh:

#12 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:46 AM

Well right now I'm not very happy with it. I got the 64 version, I guess I should have gotten the 32. I don't know. My BRAND NEW media card reader won't work with Win 7, there is no email comes with it. I went out to get the Windows Live and that took a while to down load, then I HAD to sign up for hotmail. Geez, why do they maike it so weird. I keep running into things that are not there or will not work, I might go back to XP until the service pack comes out or companies start making drivers and updates for the 64 version. :huh:
Ronald Reagan

#13 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:14 AM

My copy automatically had both 32 and 64 bit versions in the box.

#14 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

Well right now I'm not very happy with it. I got the 64 version, I guess I should have gotten the 32. I don't know. My BRAND NEW media card reader won't work with Win 7, there is no email comes with it. I went out to get the Windows Live and that took a while to down load, then I HAD to sign up for hotmail. Geez, why do they maike it so weird. I keep running into things that are not there or will not work, I might go back to XP until the service pack comes out or companies start making drivers and updates for the 64 version. :huh:

My Windows Live address is my person @visitallan.biz email ... I also have an @msn.com and @live.com but when I use messenger, I use @visitallan.biz ... you CAN use personal email addresses for messenger, and when I get home, I'll explain how to do so.

Edit: my windows 7 had one key for BOTH x32 and x64 ...

Edited by _Allan_, 29 October 2009 - 09:37 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:16 PM

Well right now I'm using Thunderbird, but I'm having trouble with some of the emails that come through. My buddy sent one with photos and they are all spaced out in the area that he wrote in, blocking the message, so I can't read what he wrote. I also don't like how it does not open up to my inbox, I'm still working on that. :huh:
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users