Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

$550 - 600$ PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Torn05

Torn05

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Well, I have looked at alot of PCs and I had found a couple good PCs for around 550$, but now NEWEGG has deactivated them.... I also found one on CyberpowerPC.com for 475, but with the upgrades I would have to include like the OS and I believe on other thing too. I want this PC to play games on (Source games such as half life, Garrys mod, CS:S and DoD. Also games like fallout 3 and CoD:MW) Also alot of people I have talked to have said you cant get a PC like that for that cheap. I know they are wrong because I know others who have PCs with Geforce 6xxx's and 7xxx's and they play source fine (CRAPPY cpu's too)I also know that PC's these cheap can play CoD, they are just hard to find.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisatbluescreen

chrisatbluescreen

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

personally, i think it's a matter of putting it together yourself.
You need a stable core to run the things you'll need to play this stuff.
you can do it for around 5-6 but it's going to be a one man job to
save money on the ends of it.
firstly, find what are the requirments for the games you'd like to play?
secondly, you must know how to find deals on the hardware.
thirdly I would start making a list. i've put together a few mainly
for gaming so if you need some help installing let me know.

-chris
"What I cannot create, I do not understand"
Richard Feynman
Posted Image

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

My approach to these sorts of scenarios:

Start with inexpensive but decent system, $354, http://www.ascendtech.us/customkititems.as...DTWINPHIIX37101. System is purchased for MB, tower, Windows install. HD provided is a throw-in, PSU is going to be replaced by reliable PSU. Any RAM provided is a bonus, but RAM is not major consideration since 4GB of quality DDR2 can be had for about $50.

Determine what GPU gives you the best bang for the buck, buy as separate from Newegg, etc.

Obtain reliable PSU that fully supports your GPU.

That should get you there, with a backup PSU for emergencies.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users