Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovering deleted history

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox user

Firefox user

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:31 PM

hi every one. ^__^ this is the first time I am posting here so if I make a mistake please forgive me. I have question and I hope you can help me to find the answer.

my system OS is windows XP professional x64 edition and the browser which I'm using is Firefox 3.5
I have made the privacy option in a way it deletes all the history and cookies after I close Firefox. ( I don't use Firefox in the private surfing style, it keeps data as long as I keep the browser open) I know there might be no chance for recovering any deleted data like this but right now I am looking desperately for the address of a site that I have missed a few days ago and I am really confused, is it possible to recover the sites that I have visited during this past week once again? although I have set the privacy option in my browser to delete all the data after I close it.

thanks so much for your help and time in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hi Firefox user, Welcome to the Bleeping Computer help forums.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. The short, and bitter sweet answer to your question... I'm afraid is :thumbsup: "Nope." To see what I mean just click on Tools, then select Clear Recent History and then read the warning that pops up Boo.

Have you tried Googling the name of the site that you lost, or even parts of the name to see if you get any hits?

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 Firefox user

Firefox user
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hi Firefox user, Welcome to the Bleeping Computer help forums.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. The short, and bitter sweet answer to your question... I'm afraid is :thumbsup: "Nope." To see what I mean just click on Tools, then select Clear Recent History and then read the warning that pops up Boo.

Have you tried Googling the name of the site that you lost, or even parts of the name to see if you get any hits?

Wendy

hi dear Wendy. ^^

I apologize for my late respond, I was away for a while and just got a chance to come back.

and thanks so much for your reply, it seems I can't find that site any more *sob* now I have to google it around. once again thanks so much for helping me. *hugs*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users