Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto-rename Recorded TV Episodes?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hackman2007

hackman2007

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

I'm looking for an application that will automatically rename a recorded TV episode to the correct name.

I know it's possible because there are quite a few programs that will detect what the right episode name is, but they won't let me rename it.

My efforts of using Google to find a program that will do this have turned up nothing.

An example of what I mean is the following:
Family Guy_TOON_2009_10_22_22_00_01 - DVRMS

Besides knowing that it is Family Guy, I have no idea what the episode name is. (The episode name is "And The Wiener Is..." in case you are curious)

So is there any feasible way of doing this, besides going through and manually renaming all of them?

Edited by hackman2007, 24 October 2009 - 12:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hackman2007

hackman2007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

I figured it out myself actually.

Following This Guide, I was able to create a batch file that would execute those commands properly and convert them.

Feel free to lock this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users