Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zonealarm killed my Viao.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dale697

dale697

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

I recently downloaded and bought the latest version of Zonealarm Pro on my Sony XL302 (running Vista). After downloading I accidently installed the new version without uninstalling the old one. Now my computer will not boot up at all and I can't even get into the bios to sort things out. I had a password on start up which appears and can be keyed in but then the 'welcome' screen appears and just stays there. If F8 is pressed before on black screen, the computer just freezes and does nothing.
I have contacted Zonealarm support but they did the old 'cut and paste' response without actually reading my predicament.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas. I'm at my wits end with this one!!

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users