Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help please i dont know whats wrong

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 binini

binini

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

Basicly when ever i play a game in full screen it crashes when i click on something. when it crashes first the screen goes fuzzy i get lines and zigg zaggs buzzing across the screen then the screen just goes black and wont go back to normal i press ctrl alt delete but the screen just stays black i have tried unpolugging the screen but it doesnt help the only way i can fix it is to turn off and on my computer then it fixes it self. When opening age of empires i got a message saying. "This computer appears to have a 0 MB video card. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.System information: 2600 MHz, 3072 MB, 0 MB (vendorID 1002, deviceID 7183)"
And when i opened up Counterstirke it said my video card is out of date but i have the latest driver installed.

is there any infomation you want i didnt know what to put =(

HELP please!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:33 PM

I would reinstall it again then double-check your settings
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

what should i reinstall?

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

the drivers for the video card.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:32 AM

how?

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:58 AM

This tutorial should help you out:
How to update a Windows hardware driver
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

apparently they dont make updates for my driver anymore all i get is this:
AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.
The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):
ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series <--------------------my one
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series
AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst™ driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above.
Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wind...mp;lang=English

#8 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

=(

#9 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

The download is at the bottom of that page, catalyst 9.8. Download and install.

Edited by dpunisher, 25 October 2009 - 03:05 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#10 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

did that its not an update it just a program for it, There is an update feature and when i click on it just says there are no availble updates.

Any ideas?

#11 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

UPDATE: i got this from steam Hello James,

Your BIOS appears outdated (2/8/200). Please try updating it:

Title: Updating a Motherboard's BIOS and Chipset Drivers

Update (Flash) Your BIOS
The primary function of your system's BIOS is to recognize and initiate all of your system's hardware so it is ready to be used. "Flashing" the BIOS is synonymous with updating the motherboard's BIOS to the latest version. The often times requires a floppy drive to be installed on the system.

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website for instructions on how to check your BIOS version and for tools you can use to safely update your BIOS.

Update Your Chipset Drivers
Chipset drivers are responsible for controlling communication between various components in your system: the processor, the video card, the hard drives, PCI devices and system memory. Keeping these drivers up to date is important - especially if you are experiencing generally sluggish system performance.

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website to determine what type of chipset your motherboard has and where you can find the most recent drivers for it.

I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor I cant find any of the updates anywhere on the AMD website can someone link me?

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

Please visit your motherboard manufacturer's website for instructions

From Hello James

I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor I cant find any of the updates anywhere on the AMD website can someone link me?

AMD has nothing to do with it
We need to know the make and model number of the motherboard
Is this a retail computer?
What is the make and model number of the computer?

Edited by garmanma, 02 November 2009 - 04:34 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#13 binini

binini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

It is a dell dimension c521 how do i find out the make of the motherboard?

#14 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

Go down to Bios.
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#15 cotesy

cotesy

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Just a note:

If you need older drivers for popular cards such as the ATi - check out Filehippo. All Catalyst Drivers contain the card drivers within. As the message you posted mentions, you need the older Catalyst drivers which you can get from here:
http://filehippo.com/search?q=ati

The BIOS update will be useless if this fault has only just occured. You never mentioned if it used to work!

Some Graphics Cards can't cope with the refresh rates the games demand giving the output you describe.

Dont Re-Flash the BIOS if it used to work on other games! A bad Re-Flash will kill your computer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users