Welcome to the BC HijackThis Log and Analysis forum
. I will be assisting you in cleaning up your system.
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options
. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic
. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification
and then clicking on Proceed
you will be advised when we respond the your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.
Please perform the following:
- Click on the Start button, then click on Run...
- In the empty "Open:" box provided, type cmd and press Enter
- This will launch a Command Prompt window (looks like DOS).
- Copy the entire blue text below to the clipboard by highlighting all of it and pressing Ctrl+C (or after highlighting, right-click and select Copy).
copy D:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\eventlog.dll D:\ /y
- In the Command Prompt window, paste the copied text by right-clicking and selecting Paste.
- Press Enter.When successfully, you should get this message within the Command Prompt: "1 file(s) copied"
NOTE: If you didn't get this message, stop and tell me first. Executing The Avenger script (step #2) won't work if the file copy was not successful.
- Exit the Command Prompt window.
Disable your AV-program, instructions can be found here
Please do not post any logs as an attachment unless asked to do so.