Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer course queries

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Calum

Calum

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:26 PM

Hello, I hope someone can be of some help to me. I'm currently doing a computer course, and out of 50 questions, there are 2 I'm not sure about. They are -

1. A physical location is mapped to the name "aspsite", so that a project can be accessed through a web browser. How might we describe the word "aspsite" in this context?

A - It is an alias.
B - It is a NetBOIS name.
C - It is a WINS name.
D - It is a DNS name.

I think the answer is B.

2. Select the technology least likely to be disabled in a web browser.

A - ActiveX.
B - Java.
C - Javascript.
D - CSS.

I think the answer is B again. I keep getting Java and Javascript mixed up.

If anyone can give me an idea, I would be grateful.

Calum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:10 PM

Well, me knowing nothing about nothing, so I'll just throw out a guess:

1. D
2. D

About question number one I know nothing so it's just a wild guess, but I feel at least a wee bit sure about 2. as D.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Calum

Calum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

I get the feeling I might be cheating putting these questions here, so I'll try to work them out for myself.

Calum.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

Ok It is your thread and your choice. Would you like for me to close it. :thumbsup: That way no one else can answer.

Good Luck!
Posted Image

#5 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

I'm not one for cheating, but always willing to help. :thumbsup:

#1-ASP Site:
Application Service Provider Site:
Answer = A
A third-party entity that manages and distributes software-based services and solutions to customers across a wide area network from a central data center.

#2- CSS
Cascading Style Sheets
Answer = D
A new feature being added to HTML that gives both Web site developers and users more control over how pages are displayed.

#6 Calum

Calum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:03 PM

Thanks River Rat. I would never have guessed the first answer would be A. In the second answer, I originally thought it was D, but was going to change it to B. Is Cascading Style Sheets usually enabled on the system? Or do you have to download them on?

Calum.

#7 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

YW
Hope I get a top notch score.:thumbsup:
Be sure to tell your instructor you cheated. :flowers:

Is Cascading Style Sheets usually enabled on the system? Or do you have to download them on?

No need to download anything it is add in the HTML code for the presentation of a website.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
http://www.htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/

#8 feus300

feus300

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:22 AM

Hi Calum

I recognize those questions !, hmm ? would you be a student with CT ?
not sure if this is the right way to go about the CIWv5 mock, but I admire your diligence :thumbsup: .

Question 1 (9) I believe, or so I remember reading anyway, is an alias.

Question 2 (25) I think A, B and C can be disabled in a web browser, whereas to disable CSS you have to declare that command in the actual Style Sheet.

Thats my theory anyway.

Good luck.

#9 Calum

Calum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

Hi feus300,

I guess you're right - it isn't the right way to go about an exam, but the first question in particular is driving me mad. I've tried logging onto their website without success, and they won't even return my email asking for help.

Going back to the questions, I was pretty sure CSS was the answer originally, because I know the Java programmes can easily be disabled. I was convinced that "alias" was too easy an option and the answer was one of the other three options.

Anyway, I'll leave it like that, and I just hope I don't get into trouble! So moderator, please feel free to close this thread.

Calum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users