Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cpu peaks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 norco

norco

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:20 AM

hi, i recently having some cpu peaks up to 50% with no program shown in the taskmanager using that amount of cpu!!

for example: when i listen to some music in winamp and extractin at the same time some mp3 file from rar i have this cpu peaks and the sound is bleeping, stuck and becomes slow down, until the extraction is complete. This is one of the severe problems!
The funny thing about it, is that in taskmanager it doesn't show that winrar or any other app is using 50% of cpu, only about max 10%.

Other cpu peaks problems are when im browsing some music sites and for example preview some song in zippyshare(it doesn't matter which site), the sound is bleeping, stuck and becomes slow down for a couple of seconds and it happens in a random way. The taskmanager show peaks of 30% to 50% when it happens, but no app using this amount of cpu.

ps
i used nod 32 and malwarebytes to scan my pc and nothing found.

i can use hijackthis but i don't know how to read the log file and what it means.

PLEASE HELP!

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:41 AM

Amount of RAM installed?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 norco

norco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

sorry to bother you, but i think i solved the problem...
i just deleted my old winrar program and installed a new version and it's all ok now!!

i think maby the old one was virused or had some wrong script that made my cpu peak!

thanks anyway!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

Glad you resolved it, feedback appreciated...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users