Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner Problem with Vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scruffbag

scruffbag

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:36 AM

Hi,

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 as an operating system.

My scanner is a Canoscan n650 for which Canon provide no drivers for Vista. I tried installing Win XP drivers which worked fine to start with. A week or so ago the scanner started to play up. While it seemedd as if it would scan normaly it stopped and froze.

There appears to be nothing wrong with the scanner since it stills works fine on a computer running Win XP.

Does anyone have any ideas? I could understand it if the scanner had never worked properly on the Vista system, but it has and now it wont.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:21 AM

hi,,, apparently there are no drivers for the N650 on vista,,,, there is a driver for the N 670,,,, give this one a try
http://windows-vista-updates.blogspot.com/...dows-vista.html
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Try what Figgis said, also the other alternative get in touch with Canon and see if they can advise on alternatives, because as Figgis more or less suggests sometimes some drivers work for several types of hardware that companies sell ! :huh:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#4 scruffbag

scruffbag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for your suggestions Figgis41 and doinmeedin, the n670 drivers worked a treat :huh: :huh:

#5 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

Try what Figgis said, also the other alternative get in touch with Canon and see if they can advise on alternatives, because as Figgis more or less suggests sometimes some drivers work for several types of hardware that companies sell ! :huh:

yer i agree with that one ,,,, i remember lexmarks being known for this,,,, in some cases,,,, pick a driver,, any driver,,,,lol
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users