Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PURCHASE TEMPLATE : GAMING !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 keldron

keldron

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:32 AM

My budget for the new computer is: around 1500-1700$

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? Gaming

What software do you intend on using on the computer? Games

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? yes I do Fallout 3 / WOW /

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? Uhm a game , windows media player , and possibly firefox ?

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? uhm no a whole lot but some .

The current computer that I have is HP media Center PC m1070n ( I upgraded it a bit to 3 GB ram and different 3D card which is ATI Radeon 2600XT - PCI edition .

Now before I buy new PC please tell me is there anything else I can do to upgrade my PC ( as in buying better 3D card ) or will my processor / motherboard be the " bottleneck " if I was to buy new 3D card such as lets say 9800 ?

Also if I was to buy a new computer what should I aim for ? Since I want a computer only for gaming .

With the current computer that I have I could play most of the games that I listed on low or semi low settings ... but when the game becomes graphically demanding ( especially WOW ) I have to lower all graphics and effects to pretty much 0 not to get the " tearing of the screen " effect .

Any help you can give me with this would be very very appreciated .

Cheers

keldron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well, I'm looking at the specs of your current machine.

Tbh. If you can upgrade now, now is a good time to do it, your machine isn't worth upgrading. It's time to get a new one. And for the budget you listed you can get a very good machine, WOW is not a demanding game for graphics, they actually suck compared to other games, but it is old aswell.

Here is a few computer builds for you in your budget. Now this first one is overkill for you, but it's within your budget so I'll post it anyway.

Build 1
DVD-Rom
CF HaF Case
WD Black Hard Drive
Power Supply
3x2GB OCZ DDR3 RAM
P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard
Intel i7 920 CPU
Windows 7 Operating System 64 bit
Mugen 2 CPU cooler, cause the stock one sucks
Subtotal: $1,237.91

Note: This build is missing a Graphics card as the one I want to add is out of stock. But the ATI 5850 would work wonders and it's a top notch DX11 capable card!

Here is another. Cheaper variant. But I think it's perfect for you. Also notice no GPU, just wait a bit and add a 5850 to it, or you can up it to a 5870.

Build 2
DVD-Rom
CF HaF Case
WD Black Hard Drive
Power Supply
2x2GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM
Asrock P55 Extreme Motherboard
Intel i5 CPU
F7P, stock cooler still sucks
Subtotal: $945.90

Lastly here is the AMD version. The way I have these ordered is from worst to best, but please note. They are all amazing computers. This also doesn't have a GPU use the 5850/5870 too.

Build 3
DVD-Rom
CF HaF Case
WD Black Hard Drive
Power Supply
2x2GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM
Giga UD4P Motherboard
AMD PIIx2 955 CPU
Mugen 2 CPU cooler
Subtotal: $896.91

Personally here is my opinion for you, go with either the Build 2 or [/u]3[/u], 1 is slightly faster processor. Build 1 is if you wanna go all out and is quite abit more expensive, but it's the best of the best.
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

#3 keldron

keldron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

Thank you so much I was really wondering if the machine I got now is worth upgrading but hence you say it's not I'll just splurge on some new machine with god mode stats :blink:

Thank you very much

keldron :wacko:

#4 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

Hey, just a quick question for you. There is some money left over on that budget, if you wanna keep that as is; then that's fine. But maybe if you want you could get some speakers/monitor/mouse-keyboard/ sound card, to make your gaming experience that more pleasureable. I bet you're running on speakers that came with the HP :wacko:

If you want message back and I'll take a look for you, if not then that's fine! :blink:
|~|i7 920-D0@3.9Ghz|~|Noctua NH-U12P|~|P6T Deluxe V2|~|OcZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600Mhz|~|PNY GTX 275 898MB|~|Enermax Rev85+ 850 Watt|~|Xonar Dx 7.1|~|Lian Li P80|~|Samsung T220|~|G9|~|G11|~|Intel SSD X25M:G2-80GB|~|Windows 7 Home Premium 64|~|SteelSeries Siberia White|~|

#5 keldron

keldron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

I actually have decent gaming equipment .

I'm running on Logitech 8 speakers set ( they are perfect for gaming ) G5 Mouse and G11 keyboard as well as fatality headset.
But if I have some money left over I'll see what I can invest it in .

#6 IrishGrimReaper

IrishGrimReaper

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Ah, you have some excellent stuff there! Well then buddy, all I can say is enjoy your new machine when you get it, it should keep you going for years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users