Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer running slow and freezes!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ricardo23

Ricardo23

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:23 PM

Hi, my computer is running slow and i already search for viruses, using spybot, adaware and kapersky and i can't find anything. I used ccleaner and registrybooster too. I just installed a new fan and heatsink and i've been checking the temperature and it's not overheating.

I'm new here and i need some help. I already used hijackthis and i need to know where and when i can post the hijackthis log for you guys to de revised.

Thank you very much!

Ricardo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrpockets

mrpockets

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Look at your processes, see if anythings bogging your system. Check and make sure you've got ample free space on your system partition (most likely Local Disk C: ) check fragmentation on the drive. If it's XP, you can right click My Computer > Advanced > Performance and UN select everything other than the bottom three checks. The difference will be virtually transparrent, and it'll free up the system a bit. Also, try running Chkdsk C: in command prompt (and , if errors are returned, run a chkdsk /R then reboot ). There're plenty of reasons a PC can perform sub-par other than viri. generally if you didn't do something to warrant infection concern, and the standard cleaners aren't finding anything, its probably not an infection.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:37 AM

HJT logs...should be posted, when requested...at the BC HJT Forum, in accordance with the admin procedures at that forum, which are expected to be followed.

BleepingComputer.com - HijackThis Logs and Virus-Trojan-Spyware-Malware Removal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users