Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Burning Software

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PENorwood

PENorwood

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

What burning software works on Vista? I tried installing my copy of Nero but it errored out part way through?

Anyone get something working yet? :huh:

I have noticed some software won't install properly so I guess it is just a matter of time before progs become compatible.

--PEN

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:57 PM

None that i know of. I tried nero the nero demo and it told me it was expired.

I could not even get windows media player to burn

#3 PENorwood

PENorwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 12:30 AM

Actually,

I just downloaded the latest version of Nero and it works.

Didn't work when I tried an older version that I already owned, so I upgraded.

--PEN

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:23 AM

Hmm..are you a licensed user? For some reason when I installed the demo, it automatically expired the demo

#5 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

Demo popped me out too.
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#6 PENorwood

PENorwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

The latest release says on their website that a demo is coming soon. I have a license from a previous version so this was seen as an upgrade. Before I put in my license code the demo expired immediately.

#7 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:01 PM

I aint getting nothing working with this thing.

I notie that VistaBeta 1 uses a Cd burner tool made by Roxio. I never was too impressed with Roxio stuff and there isn't a free trial available for their new tour-de-force "DVD/CD Creator 7.5" I am not paying them $99 for an experiment! I figured that perhaps Windows Vista 5112 might respect their stuff, since the used the Roxio driver for a build interface. Like to here if anybody suceeded with Roxio.

Over the years I pretty much swore by Instant CD/DVD (formerly VOB, now Pinnacle) and Nero Burner. I like how instantCD/DVD had a drop and drag icon on the desktop and the ability to format a CD/DVD right from My Computer. This feature doesn't work in Vista Beta 1, although I could burn/format CD's and DVD's in the ir interfe program.

Nero 66013 appears to work on Vista 5112, but only inside the gay looking clunky interface that Nero calls "Start Smart"

One odd thing did happen, though. With no software and using a DVDRAM disc that was UDF formatted on another computer, with a USB2.0 desktop drive, I could move/erase files back and forth onto my notebook. But my little portable DVD-RW drive wont do it.
Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

#8 g52ultra

g52ultra

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:46 PM

Got one working that does.. Nero 6 ultra with all updates from Nero. Even packet writes to DVDRAM/RW right from windows explorer.
Anybody know where John Titors's '66 Vette is (or was, or will be)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users