Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how uninstall norton 2008?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:12 PM

how do i do it? I used revo and i the little symbol on the tray at the bottom right hand corner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

If you used Revo in the advanced mode it should have worked you may have missed one of the check off's. Best to go to the Norton site and get the removal tool to finish up. There tools are fairly good, always used add/remove until I found Revo so I used a removal tool for Norton 360 it cleaned it up and was then able to install avast with no problems.

Dan

#3 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:46 PM

how do i do it? I used revo and i the little symbol on the tray at the bottom right hand corner

Hi polarpimp,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

To ensure that all components of a Norton product are removed from your system, please follow the instructions below.

1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:

Norton Removal Tool and Instructions

2. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#4 KOOBFACE

KOOBFACE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

Please keep in mind that NRT (Norton Removal Tool) does not remove all Norton/Symantec files. There's always a few registry keys etc, left over.

If you want to be really pedantic about a complete uninstall you can check the following manual uninstall steps. :thumbsup:
  • All Users/Symantec Temp. Files
  • All Users/Application Data/Symantec
  • All Users/Application Data /Norton
  • All Users/Application Data/Norton Installer
  • start>run>regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>delete "Norton" and "Symantec"
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>delete "Norton" and "Symantec"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users