Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

.BIN Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_niggz_*

Guest_niggz_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:35 PM

Yeah ... I need help trying to play a game i downloaded its in .Bin and .Cue file forms and i read on the internet your suppose to burn the files to disces but i dont have any balnk cds write now and i also read like use Iso buster or something and "virtual drives" w/e that is can some help me out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HJT Noob

HJT Noob

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:55 AM

Download Daimon Tools, it's a tool used to mount Bin and Cue files. There's always a chance that the Cue file might have been corrupted and an error message saying something about the Cue spread sheet will pop up. If this happens there's nothing more you can do. If you have any problems using Daimon tools, let me know.

#3 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

its daemon, and its a very good program cuz i use it myself. very practical user interface and very easy to understand.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:45 PM

You don't need the .cue files, Daemon Tools is capable of running .bin files directly.

And if you for some reason really want those .cue files you can write you own in notepad. A typical PC CD-ROM .cue file looks like this:

FILE "image-name.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

"image-name.BIN" being the name of the .bin file (IWDII.BIN, CIV3.BIN and so on...)
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users