Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows police pro virus help please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 distorted

distorted

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

ok I figured out I have this virus. Im on a different computer than the one that is infected trying to figure out how to get rid of it.. when i start it up normaly i get the police pro pop up that tells me im infected and they want me to buy it but i cannot access or see anything else on my pc but the background picture.. i know little to nothing about computers and need some serious help please.. when i open it up in safe mode all i get is a black screen and still am not able to access anything on the pc.. PLEASE HELP!

i cannot access ANYTHING.. i cannot get to my browser to download anything

nothing comes up at all.. it doesnt allow me to see the start menu or any of the icons that are supposed to be on the desktop... when opened up in safe mode all i get is a black screen with safe mode written in all 4 corners and a service pack address type thingy in the top middle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:49 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users