Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have I given the techs herewhat they need

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhoward73

jhoward73

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

Hi, first let me say I certainly am not complaing here or trying to look a gift horse in the mouth. I just really want my computer back to normal and after reading through your website I know you are the bunch I want to help me.

I originally posted here 1 week ago:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264610/trying-to-recover-from-antivirus-pro-2010-virus/

My suggested re-post to a more relavent forum was here: (most recent post)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264779/trying-to-recover-from-antivirus-pro-2010-virus/

I posted originally 1 week ago and havent heard anything.
I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if there is more I can do to help you help me?
Should I have posted A HiJackThis log yet? Is there anything else I can be doing while I wait?

Again, not trying to be a pest, just desperate.

In addition to everything I have listed my IE 8 is now sucking up allot of CPU and crashing even more often. I also found that my Adobe Reader no longer works. That was the program that helped launch my original virus, so no surprise.

Many thanks in advance,

J

Edited by jhoward73, 23 October 2009 - 01:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,806 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

I know how frustrating it is when your computer isn't working properly. Let me assure you that your topic isn't lost, forgotten, or ignored. We work with hundreds of logs every day, so we have devised a means of seeing only those topics that don't have responses yet. At the moment, we have nearly 800 unanswered topics, the oldest dated Oct. 6, 2009 at 9:32 pm Eastern Daylight Savings time in the U.S.A. Your HiJack This topic is dated Oct. 16, 2009, at 9:23 AM using the same time zone.

Our volunteer HJT team members have various levels of expertise and training, so while we try to take the oldest DDS/HJT logs, it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us would want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.

Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks from your posting date perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

Orange Blossom :(
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 jhoward73

jhoward73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the reply OB. I will be pateient, I appreciate your time.

I want to add some additional info to my posts but dont want that to set me back in the order that my post might be received. How should I proceed? The info plus two screen shot attachements are below.

Thanks,
j

--------------------
Just trying to show examples of what my CPU's are currently doing. This has my computer running at a very slow pace.

These two screen shots show what my CPU's are doing while just one IE8 window and Task Mngr open.
You will see the processes that are showing only account for about 3-9% CPU yet if looking at "Performance" my CPU's constantly jump from around 10 - 45% CPU usage.
I dont understand that. Now if something like McAfee "on access" or Search and Destroy TeaTimer comes on, that will use between 65 - 90%. I have had them running for years. Every once in a while you might have noticed a slight slow down, but now its like everything (all programs) use an excessive amount of CPU's

Opening multiple IE8 windows also severly slows things down and often I get a page not found or get broken image links.

Lately, I have
Scanned with McAfee's "stinger.exe" Nothing was Found
Full Scanned with Spybot S&D - Nothing was Found
Used Windows Error-checking on my C:/ drive - Nothing was Found
Defragmented last night. - Shows no signs that it helped

The only other things that I can think of that have changed lately are that I added a new Lexmark X7170 printer about the same time I got a virus and I added a MyBook External Hard Drive and free "Corbian Backup Amanita" software (after my virus) so I could back everything up there. Although Im not sure Im backing up properly in a way that will save my installed programs.

Hope this helps in troubleshooting.

Attached Files

Edited by jhoward73, 26 October 2009 - 08:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users