Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email and Windows7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SharonH

SharonH

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

I have read and searched for an answer but didn't find one that was clear enough for my pea brain. My old computer crashed and had to buy a new one and it has Windows 7 as an operating system. I can't get my email from my Pop3 server and I just checked out Eudora but it doesn't say it is compatible with Win 7 even though someone on this forum says they are using it. I am just a little computer literate. :flowers: Can someone tell me how I can get my email from my Pop3 server? I don't want to change my email address if I can get by without it. I started to use Windows Live Email or whatever it is called but my server said not to..or "you don't want to do that". I am in a quandry. I can go to my servers website and read my email like I do when I am out of town but for some reason cannot open attachments and cant find a button to fix that. I want Outlook Express back! :thumbsup: I am old and it is hard for me to learn new tricks...though I am not a dog! :inlove: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 _Allan_

_Allan_

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Location:http://Universe/Sol/Terra/North_America/Canada/Ontario/Toronto.city
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

Outlook Express has been replaced with Windows Live Mail (and it is much better then OE was)
Go to http://get.live.com and click "download."
after a few minutes, you'll see
Posted Image
click Mail and Messenger, and you can select others if you wish, but, it's not necessary.

When you've installed Windows Live Mail, you'll be able to add your old email accounts with no problem.

Edited by _Allan_, 23 October 2009 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

The Windows Live Mail shouldn't be that much different from Windows Mail other than the fact that you have to install it first and have a Windows LIVE account.

To set up Windows Live Mail:
Tools --> accounts --> Add --> select email
enter your email address, password, display name and then check the box for manually configure server settings for email account
Posted Image

Next you will need to enter the mail settings for the account. You will need to get the incoming and outgoing mail servers and ports from your ISP or email provider.
Posted Image

And then you are all done!
Posted Image

Edited by azfreetech, 23 October 2009 - 05:42 PM.

DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

#4 SharonH

SharonH
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

Thanks y'all! That was easy! Best of all....its working! Whew. All that stress for nothing! Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users