Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes and windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rlrocha7

rlrocha7

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

Hello guys, I recently installed windows 7 and during the process it asked me to uninstall itunes and to reinstall it later. Well I did that, and since then I have tried to install various versions including their latest version of itunes, 7.6 that microsoft recommended and itunes 8.0. so far i have had no luck. windows 7 runs fine for the exception of itunes. does anyone have any suggestions. I would truly appreciate your help. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:36 AM

You probably need to install the newest version of iTunes, version 9.0.2, which can be downloaded directed from the Apple site here: Apple - iTunes - Download

There are two different versions: one for the 32-bit version, and one that requires the 64-bit installer (this link is provided from the download page listed above). You will need to know which version of Windows 7 you have.

The 64-bit version of iTunes 9.0.2 works well on our Windows 7 computer. However, we have had problems with it auto syncing to our 8 GB iPod. Any time we attempt to auto sync, iTunes will go just so far and then Windows will crash. We have had to set iTunes to manually sync to the iPod now, transferring about 100 songs at a time in order to avoid a BSOD.

On its own (without the iPod connected), however, this version of iTunes works well. It connected to the Apple Store and validated our account without any problems and remains open playing music without issues.

I have done some research and found that it may be a power issue with Win 7. By default Windows is now not set to "high performance" in order to be more energy efficient, and since iTunes is such a memory-intensive program, this may have something to do with the Windows crashes.

#3 rlrocha7

rlrocha7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the help, I did download the latest version of Itunes and with a few adjustments, it seems to be working fine. the only problem I have now is I that downloaded imesh because I could get itunes to work properly before and now that thing is in my registry and slowing every thing down. I have to run my antivirus everyday to clean it up. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users