Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Authoritative compares of antimalware apps?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 porty

porty

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:02 AM

Sorry if this question has already been well covered :-)

I'm in the process of choosing a new antivirus program to promote to my (computer) customers. I've been prescribing NOD32 for several years but our national distributor has become uncooperative regarding commission payments so I intend to recommend another company.

Which brings me to my question: Where does one go to see genuine and authoritative comparative reports about the efficacy of antivirus software? I've just logged onto the Virus Bulletin site and that seems pretty good, but their full reports aren't free.

Anyone able to suggest another site, or lab, that produces regular software comparisons? Obviously I'm not talking about the type of sites that abound on the net, which purport to compare malware apps, but in actuality are just set up to market selected brands.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

IMHO the only ones that are trustworthy and provide relevant results are AV-Comparatives, AV-Test here and for free AVs and Remove-malware, although this is a bit less scientific.

Edited by Someones, 23 October 2009 - 12:58 AM.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:25 PM

I second that - AV-Comparatives and Virus bulletin.

#4 porty

porty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2009 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for those tips :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users