Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message: Not a valid WIN32 application

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 isalee714

isalee714

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:05 PM

:thumbsup: This thing is making me wacko. The virus has taken control. It won't let me delete synchost from taskmgr., it shuts itself off. I can't run regedit, it says has been turned off by Administrator. System restores says not a valid WIN 32 application.

When I go on the internet it shows C:\.......tempie.html. This is the windows police pro file to control my internet. I can't find any reference to Windows Pro or Security Tool on the computer itself by doing search files and folders. But the url always direct to the screen where they want you to buy. I don't want to go back on without being in safe mode that's the only way they can't get in anything. But I'm obviously missing something because I can't open anything to fix anything. I downloaded Fixtm.reg but when I click on it says not a valid Win 32 application. Whatever that mean. So what else can I do. It must be something in my bootlog or somewhere. How can I turn back on regedit. It even was saying to me that system restore was locked. Please your domain administrator. Pulling on hair! So what would be my next step. Thank you Genius.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users